InterCall is the leading global provider of conferencing solutions to businesses of all sizes from Fortune 500 companies to small, local businesses. InterCall tasked AlphaZeta with implementing their current small business eCommerce site on the EPiServer platform.
The requirements for the new site were:
- The ability to be administered by InterCall’s staff without involving IT
- The functionality to create dynamic product bundles that included both services such as conference calling and products such as an IP phone
- Integrations with Eloqua, Salesforce.com and InterCall’s ERP system
- Improve conversion and give the InterCall team the ability to utilize EPiServers A/B and multivariate testing capabilities to continue to optimize the site
- Implementation of a wide variety of promotion types
- Responsive design to support tablet and smartphone users who wish to purchase services
The primary goals of phase 1 were to rebuild the existing site in EPiServer Commerce, improve conversion and update the layout to support responsive design. AlphaZeta Interactive’s creative team spent a lot of time identifying the types of functionality that users would need for each device targeted for responsive design. In addition, the creative team reviewed all the available heatmap and analytics data to determine how users navigated the existing site and identified ways to improve conversion. AlphaZeta’s technology team, utilizing EPiServer Commerce, laid the groundwork for future phases of the project to support globalization, adding additional product types and more complex promotions.
AlphaZeta Interactive began with technical discovery to identify all of the requirements and desired functionality for the new site. After the requirements were documented, the technology team reviewed all of the integrations required to support the desired functionality in the EPiServer Platform. Once requirements gathering was complete, the technology and creative teams collaborated on wireframes to place the functionality on the page and identify how it would change on the responsively designed pages for each device. After wireframes were complete, detailed designs were created to bring the site to life based on the strategy to improve conversion.
Following Discovery, the technology team built out the site’s functionality in the EPiServer Commerce platform, developed the integrations with the ERP system, Eloqua and Salesforce.com, migrated the existing product catalog into EPiServer, implemented the merchandising and promotion codes and created reports to track site activities such as abandoned shopping carts for remarketing.
InterCall’s marketing team now has control of the administration of the site for merchandising and promotions. The site officially launched at the end of July 2013.